Allan K. Fleeger Distinguished Service Award
Created in 2018, the Allan K. Fleeger Distinguished Service Award recognizes the invaluable contributions made by a product steward to support the growth and success of the Product Stewardship Society and thereby the product stewardship profession.
- Nominees must be a member in good standing of the Product Stewardship Society.
- Individuals currently serving on the Product Stewardship Society Board of Directors are ineligible.
Nominating a Peer
The process for nominating a candidate is short and straightforward. The nominator, who must be a member in good standing of the Society, will submit an award nomination form that includes the following information:
- Nominee name and contact information
- Nominator and contact information
- A concise but complete statement of why the nominator believes the nominee meets the criteria for the award and, if relevant, why the nominee is singularly qualified to receive it in the current award year.
- The nominator should indicate whether he or she has a business and/or personal relationship to the nominee (such a relationship does not preclude the nomination but should be disclosed for reasons of transparency).
A nomination may be submitted jointly by more than one member if desired. The nominee will then be contacted by a staff member to confirm the nomination is accepted.
Candidates do not have to be nominated by others. Self-nominations are welcome and should include the following information:
- Candidate name and contact information
- A concise but complete statement of why the candidate believes they meet the criteria for the award and, if relevant, why the candidate is singularly qualified to receive it in the current award year.
Nominations must be submitted by the published deadline using the online award nomination form. The nomination window for 2023 is open until August 11, 2023.
Review and Selection Process
- The Board of Directors will review each nomination to determine whether the nominee meets the articulated selection criteria.
- The Board’s review shall take into account the supporting statement of the nominator and also may take into account other relevant information known.
- The award may be given to one person per year, but may not necessarily be awarded each year.
- Nominees who are not selected are eligible to be nominated in a future year.
- Nominations will not automatically carry over into subsequent years.
The nomination window for the 2024 award is open. Nominations must be submitted using the online award nomination form.
For questions about the award nomination or review process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 2022 - Tina Armstrong, PhD
- 2021 - Thomas Grumbles, CIH, CPPS, FAIHA
- 2020 - Jon P. Hellerstein, CIH, CSP
- 2018 - Gailen A. Hart