Product Stewardship Society Announces 2020-2021 Appointments to Board of Directors
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
Release No. SMR-20-09-21
FALLS CHURCH, Va. (September 21, 2020) — The Product Stewardship Society, the leading organization for product stewardship professionals, announced today that its Board of Directors for 2020-2021 will be led by the following officers:
- President Lynn L. Bergeson, managing partner at Bergeson and Campbell
- President-Elect John Hott, PhD, director of Global Product Stewardship and Regulatory Affairs at Eastman Chemical Company
- Secretary and Treasurer Chris Cassell, director of Corporate Sustainability at Lowe's
The following Product Stewardship Society members will also serve as directors for 2020-2021:
- Kevin Gara, CIH, FAIHA, chief product stewardship officer at Roche Group
- Mark Herwig, senior director of Global Chemical Regulations at Raytheon Technologies Corporation
- Jim Jones, president of Jim Jones Consulting
- Kevin Kransler, PhD, DABT, senior manager of Product Stewardship and Toxicology at SI Group
- Rebecca Morones, advisory engineer at IBM
- Robert Skoglund, PhD, DABT, CIH, director of Product Stewardship and Regulatory Affairs for Covestro
“My colleagues are thrilled to welcome our new Board members,” said Bergeson. “Becky Morones, Kevin Kransler, and Bob Skoglund are well-recognized leaders in the product stewardship space and we look forward to leveraging their skill, expertise, and enthusiasm in continuing to build the Product Stewardship Society.”
Past-president Kate Sellers and past directors James Huang and Angela Wutz have now completed their terms of service on the Product Stewardship Society board. However, Sellers, Huang, and Wutz will remain active volunteers with the Society.
“The Society owes a huge debt of gratitude to our outgoing Board members, Kate Sellers, Angela Wutz, and James Huang,” Bergeson said. “Each has devoted their considerable skill to help grow the Society.” She added “A special, heartfelt thanks to Kate Sellers, immediate Past President, whose tireless efforts since 2013 have made the Society what it is today.”
The new board members were officially installed on September 17, 2020, during the Society's annual conference, PSX 2020.
About the Product Stewardship Society
Founded in 2012, the Product Stewardship Society® is the professional organization exclusively for product stewards. We enable professionals to promote responsible design, development, and management of products throughout their life cycle. The Product Stewardship Society is an affiliate of AIHA®. For more information, visit www.productstewards.org.