Once a year, the Product Stewardship Society invites members to apply for a position on the Conference Program Committee (CPC). The CPC is responsible for reviewing and selecting the education sessions for the annual PSX conference. The CPC is representative of the Product Stewardship Society membership and brings the subject matter expertise and the perspective of the conference attendee to the deliberations over which session proposals to choose. The CPC is responsible for ensuring the highest quality content and speakers. Their input is critical to building a dynamic and current education program each year that meets the needs of the profession.
Goal 1: Develop an innovative program for PSX that meets the educational needs of the profession.
- Ensure that the education offered at PSX is of high quality and addresses current issues of product stewards to enhance attainment and retention of technical competence.
- Develop the conference education program by peer review of submitted session proposals based upon established review criteria.
- Provide feedback on the non-technical program, overall schedule, and events.
Goal 2: Provide long-range planning for continuous improvement of the technical quality of PSX
- Identify feedback mechanisms for continuous improvements such as conference evaluations and session audits.
- Incorporate recommended initiatives, strategies, outcomes, and guidance.
- Maintain open lines of communication and transparency with Product Stewardship Society committees and members.
- Offer assistance and guidance as needed to presenters and session personnel.
- Previous PSX attendance is required. Multi-year attendance is preferred.
- A membership in the Product Stewardship Society is required.
- Ability to represent the profession as a whole, not just one practice area or specialty.
- Ability to screen submissions in a fair, consistent, defensible, and transparent manner.
- Ability to meet deadlines in a short period of time, especially in the spring (March through May).
- Three-year term
- Virtual meetings/conference calls as needed.
- High availability in the spring (March through May):
- Over a two-week period in March, complete online peer review and rating of 50+ session proposals
- 3-hour review call and a 2-hour selection call in early to mid-April
- Meet in-person at PSX in September. Please note that travel reimbursement is not provided.
If you have any questions about volunteering, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dan Hagerty, CPPS, CHMM - Chair
Jim Jenkins, PhD - Vice Chair
Alyssa Weber, CSP
Shannon Thomas, MBA, CPPS, ASP, CMQ/QE
Jeff Buczynski, MA, MASD