Introduction and Overview
The goal of the Thought Leadership work group is to aid the Product Stewardship Society in identifying and addressing emerging issues, promoting innovative solutions and best practices, and advancing the body of knowledge of the profession.
The committee will focus on the long-term objectives of the organization with defined goals and target that will be applicable across many different industries.
Three key objective areas are.
- Anticipate and influence the future within the domain of product stewardship.
- Challenge established assumptions and practices with innovative thinking to make products safer and more trusted and sustainable.
- Advance the body of knowledge of product stewardship and foster incorporation of leading practices.
Workgroup Selection Process
The process of selecting at-large members begins with an open call for volunteers from the Product Stewardship Society membership. Selections are made to ensure that the work group maintains as broad a diversity of representation as is reasonably possible.
Because of the nature of this undertaking, individuals with more than 5 years of product stewardship experience is preferred. Individuals holding the Certified Professional Product Steward (CPPS) credential and/or a Master of Science in Product Stewardship (MSPS) degree is a plus.
The work group is expected to be active from Q3 2022 -through Q4 2025.
- Monthly conference calls (each lasting 1 to 1.5 hours)
- Approximately 4-8 hours per month of pre-work to support participation in those calls.
- Additional conference calls and email correspondence as needed.
Applications will be accepted until August, 31 2022, 11:59 PM ET