Product Stewardship Society Announces Call for Nominations for the Board of Directors
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
Release No. WNT-20-03-13
Falls Church, VA (March 13, 2020)--- The Product Stewardship Society is now accepting nominations for members to serve on its Board of Directors. The Board of Directors plays a critical role in the growth of the Society and is the “face” of the organization. The board establishes the organization’s strategic direction and goals, and monitors progress toward reaching those goals. Nominees must be members in good standing; self-nominations are allowed.
“Our Board members are leaders in a diverse range of business sectors. In volunteering their time, each plays a meaningful and important role in advancing the product stewardship profession and contributing to the growth of the Society. We are looking for leaders who have a passion for the Society and who wish to work with like-minded professionals to grow the profession and make a difference,” said Lynn Bergeson, President of the Product Stewardship Society.
The following seats are available in this election:
- At-Large Directors (2)
Desired attributes of candidates include:
- Demonstrated record of distinguished service and the potential for further contributions.
- Demonstrated performance at the highest level in scientific, industrial, public sector, or educational communities.
- Commitment to devote the time necessary to effectively perform board duties.
- Demonstrated expertise in product stewardship.
- Prior board or other leadership services in which an individual has been recognized as having advanced our strategic initiatives in some capacity, such as:
- Service as chair for a committee or volunteer group within the last five years.
- Sustained active involvement in committees or volunteer groups or other Society activities.
- Participation in PSX or other programs of the Society.
- Participation at a high level in another leadership role in an allied association.
Additional leadership competencies and board position descriptions can be found here.
Deadline for the nominations are due is April 15, 2020. Candidates will be vetted by the nominating committee and presented to the board for consideration.
About the Product Stewardship Society
Founded in 2012, the Product Stewardship Society® is the professional organization exclusively for product stewardship professionals. We enable professionals to promote responsible design, development, and management of products throughout their life cycle.
The Product Stewardship Society is an affiliate of AIHA®. For more information, visit www.productstewards.org.