Introduction and Overview
The Career Advancement Work Group aims to aid the Product Stewardship Society in developing and maintaining resources to support and promote career advancement. The workgroup will focus on the long-term objectives of the organization with defined goals and targets that will be applicable across many different industries.
Three key objective areas are:
- Conduct a salary and compensation survey (assist with the development of the survey questionnaire)
- Define the role, career path(s), and value of a product steward and develop collateral materials.
- Increase the suite of career and employment service offerings based on career stage.
Workgroup Selection Process
Selecting at-large members begins with an open call for volunteers from the Product Stewardship Society membership. Selections are made to ensure that the workgroup maintains as broad a diversity of representation as is reasonably possible.
Because of the nature of this undertaking, individuals who hire or supervise other product stewards are preferred. Individuals holding the Certified Professional Product Steward (CPPS) credential and/or a Master of Science in Product Stewardship (MSPS) degree are a plus.
The workgroup is expected to be active from Q2 2023 -through Q4 2024.
- Monthly conference calls (each lasting 1 to 1.5 hours)
- Approximately 2-4 hours per month of pre-work to support participation in those calls.
- Additional conference calls and email correspondence as needed.
Applications will be accepted until April 24, 2023, 11:59 PM ET