Introduction and Overview
The Core Competencies for the Product Stewardship Professional was developed in 2014 to serve as a foundation to build global knowledge of the profession, define the role of product stewardship, and detail the basic knowledge that any highly effective product steward should possess.
Significant changes in product stewardship as well as the roles and responsibilities of product stewards have occurred since the Core Competencies was created and updates to the document are needed to reflect those changes.
To assist the Product Stewardship Society with updating the Core Competencies, we are forming a new work group that will be charged with reviewing the current document and working on the development of a second edition.
Work Group Selection Process
The process of selecting at-large members begins with an open call for volunteers from the Product Stewardship Society membership. Selections are made to ensure that the work group maintains as broad a diversity of representation as is reasonably possible.
Because of the nature of the project, individuals with management experience is preferred. Individuals who have earned the Certified Professional Product Steward (CPPS) designation is a plus.
Work Group Responsibilities
Members are expected to:
- Attend all scheduled calls
- Review the current Core Competencies for the Product Stewardship Professional
- Develop recommended updates and additions to the document for approval by the Board of Directors
The work group is expected to be active from Q2 2022 through Q3 2022.
- Monthly conference calls (each lasting 1 to 1½ hours)
- Approximately 4-8 hours per month of work to support the participation of those calls
- Additional conference calls and email correspondence as needed
Applications will be accepted until April 18, 2022, 11:59 PM ET.
Work group selection is expected to be made by mid-April.
If you have any questions, please contact Adam Seery.